Home  |  Search  |  Privacy  |  Terms of Use  |  Contact Us  |  Site Map

Important Notices


It seems that Cenral Alberta is experiencing more and more extreme weather this summer.

Please be advised, in the event of a TORNADO WARNING, issued by Environment Canada, please take immediate cover as instructed in the directive.

In the event such a warning is issued, the Town of Rimbey will be activating the siren located on the roof of the Adminstration Building.  If you hear this siren, please take immediate cover.



Do not under estimate Mother Nature, extreme weather events can happen quickly.  It is not a matter of if, it is a matter of when.  Could you and your loved ones be self sufficient for 72 hours in the event of a disaster?  Be proactive, do not wait until it is too late.

Basic Emergency Kit:

Think of ways that you can pack your emergency kit so that you and those on your emergency plan can easily take the items with you, if necessary.

Some of the items you may wish to include are: water—two litres of water per person per day, food—that won’t spoil, such as canned food, energy bars and dried foods, manual can opener , flashlight and batteries, battery powered or wind up radio, extra batteries, first aid kit, prescription medicines, infant formula, equipment for people with disabilities, extra car and house keys, cash and a copy of your emergency plan.


The Town of Rimbey has also put this document on our website for your convenience.  We wish you a safe and uneventful summer season.

 icon Emergency Guide 72 Hours

  icon Emergency Kit



It's not too late for the Census! Please fill out your forms.




Please be advised, in the event  of a postal strike, the Town of Rimbey will not put your monthly invoice in the mail.  Please stop by the office to pick it up.  To avoid late payment penalties, Town of Rimbey invoices must be paid two days propr to the last business day of the month. 




Notice of Open House and Public Hearing

Town of Rimbey Land Use Bylaw 917/16


Council will hold an Open House and Public Hearing for Land Use Bylaw 917/16 in which any person may ask questions or make comments. The Open House is scheduled for Monday, July 25, 2016 at 4:00pm to 6:30pm and the Public Hearing is scheduled for Monday, July 25, 2016 at 7:00pm during the Regular Council Meeting.  Both the Open House and the Public Hearing will be held in the Council Chambers of the Administration Office at the Town of Rimbey.


Interested parties may pick up a copy of the Land Use Bylaw at the Town of Rimbey Administration Office during regular office hours or visit www.rimbey.com to view it online.


Written submissions regarding the LUB will be accepted on or before July 8, 2016.  Submission may be submitted to:


RE: Land Use Bylaw

Development Officer

Town of Rimbey

Box 350

Rimbey, Alberta

T0C 2J0


Verbal representations may be made by registering for the Public Hearing at the Town Office.


Interim Chief Administrative Officer Donna Tona, CTS



At a Special Council Meeting held Monday, May 30, 2016, Council authorized Administration to circulate the draft of the proposed new Land Use Bylaw.  Please review the document below and forward any comments by July 4, 2016 to This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it . or in writing to the Town of Rimbey, Box 350, Rimbey, AB T0C 2J0. Your input into this valuable document is encouraged.

 icon Draft Land Use Bylaw June 1, 2016




Town of Rimbey street improvements will begin shortly.  Please see the attached map for locations.

  icon 2016 Street Improvements

Pool Opening for Season

The Rimbey Aquatic Centre is open for the 2016 Season! 





Water Restriction


The Town will provide proper and responsible conservation of its most important resource by implementing the following water restrictions as authorized in Sections 2.10 and 2.11 of Bylaw 776/05.


The watering of lawns and gardens will be restricted on a continuing basis:


1.1       Occupants or owners of even numbered addresses will be permitted to water on calendar days of the months ending in even numbers;


1.2       Occupants or owners of odd numbered addresses will be permitted to water on calendar days of the months ending in odd numbers.


1.3       In the case of a water shortage caused by weather conditions, mechanical reasons or otherwise, the Town Manager has the authority to set limitations on rationing of water.  If, in the opinion of the Town Manager and/or Town Foreman, during such water shortages, any user is abusing his water privileges, the Town Manager may authorize services to said premises to be temporarily suspended.  The period of suspension shall be determined by the Town Manager, or in the absence of the Town Manager, the Town Foreman.



We thank you for your cooperation!


For more information contact:

Donna Tona

Interim Chief Administrative Officer

(403) 843.2113


April 11, 2016





Community Services Directory
Click the following link for the new edition of the Rimbey & Area Community Services Guide.
iconRimbey & Area Community Services Directory 2016







At the January 9, 2016 Council Budget Meeting, Council approved the 2016 Compost Program.  This is a user pay program.


For those residents who took part in the program in 2015, you have until February 28, 2016 to opt out of the program, should you determine you no longer wish to participate; otherwise the program will cost you $36.00 for the year 2016.  You may elect to have this put on your utility bills or pay in full in one lump payment.


For residents new to the program, you will need to come into the Town of Rimbey Administration Office to sign up for the program.  You will be required to purchase an 80 litre bin (maximum of 2 bins) at a cost of $11.00 each plus GST, for grass/compost from the Town of Rimbey.


Costs of the Program to you the resident:  Annual Cost of $36.00 averaged over 12 months is $3.00 per month on your utility bills, or payable in one lump sum payment, plus $11.00 per 80 litre bin purchased from the Town of Rimbey (if you have not already purchased them from us).  If you start part way through the year, the cost is still $36.00.  This is not negotiable.


If the residence is a rental property, the homeowner, must also sign the registration form as it may be an addition to their previously signed utility rental agreement.


Should you require further information, please call the Town of Rimbey Administration Office at 403-843-2113.


Donna Tona, Interim Chief Administrative Officer




Applications are now being accepted for the Subdivision and Development Appeal Board.  This a quasi-judicial board.  Please stop by the Town of Rimbey Administration Office to pick up an Application for Citizen Appointments to Boards, Commissions and Authorities.  There are two year and three year terms available.  The successful applicant(s) must be a resident of the Town of Rimbey.


The applications will remain open until five public members have been appointed by Council.



 With regards to the Waste Transfer Station side of the Recycle Facility, due to maintenance on the overhead door, the opening of the waste transfer section at the recycle facility has been delayed to OCTOBER 3, 2015.  The Countyl will be operating the transfer station in parnership with Rimbey.

Your recycling will not change and you can now take RESIDENTIAL garbage (OCTOBER 3, 2015) to the station.

New days will be Tuesdays and Saturdays, so mark your calendars.


icon Safety is Our Responsibility and Yours


icon 897/15 Rimbey Business Sector Sustainability Advisory Committee
icon Rimbey Business Sector sustainability Advisory Committee - Terms of Reference

icon Seeking Volunteer Committee Members

icon Rimbey Business Sector Sustainability Strategy



icon Emergency Guide 72 Hours

icon Emergency Kit




Utility bills are mailed out in the first week of each month and are due by 4:30 pm, two business days before the end of the month and can be paid by direct withdrawal, credit card, check or debit. Penalties will be applied to all accounts that have not been paid by the deadline. It is the property owners' responsibility to ensure that information is current; please make sure to let us know if you are buying or selling a property or if your banking or credit card information has changed as soon as possible. 



Dog Licenses

The Town of Rimbey requires that all dogs owned within the municipal boundaries are required to be licensed and wearing a tag. Dog licenses are affordable and ensure that Animal Services can make every effort to reunite you with your pet if ever lost. Licenses are available for purchase at the Town Office.




Government of Alberta Canada AUMA CAEP