Re: WATER RESTRICTIONS EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY
The Town of Rimbey is authorizing a Water Restriction effective immediately, June 24, 2015.
Due to the fact the Town has a well “down”, and replacement parts will take up to two weeks to effect, the following restrictions are now in place:
1. Watering will only take place on odd/even days. If your residence ends in an odd number you can only water on odd dates. If your residence ends in an even number, you can only water on even dates.
2. We are asking businesses to voluntarily cut down on their water consumption. Car washes and other businesses that use water are asked to assist the Town over the next two weeks.
3. The Town will monitor our consumption daily. If water usage exceeds 1100 cubes per day with this voluntary restriction we will put full restrictions in with Bylaw penalties.
We encourage our residents and businesses to assist us as we effect repairs on our well and help us sustain our community.
The ban will be for approximately 2 weeks but residents are cautioned that it may be extended.
Should you require further information please call Rick Schmidt Public Works Director at 403.963.2984 or Donna Tona, Interim CAO at 780.918.7208 or 403.843.2113.
Mayor R. Pankiw - Town of Rimbey
THE RIMBEY RODEO PARADE
Click here for information the Parade.
GRASS and COMPOST
You now have 2 options!!!
By resolution at the regularly scheduled Council Meeting June 08, 2015, Council has provided Administration with the following direction:
1. Rimbey residents who wish to have their grass/compost picked up, may register for the compost program at the Town of Rimbey Administration office. You will be required to purchase an 80 litre bin (maximum of 2 bins) at a cost of $11.00 each. There will also be a $3.00 charge added to your utility bill. This charge will continue to December 31, 2015, whereby the price will be adjusted to the cost requirements determined by the 2016 budget. Prohibited material within the compost bin will result in your load not being picked up. Pick up will be on Mondays, commencing June 29, 2015. If the Monday is a statutory holiday, pick up will be on the Tuesday.
2. Rimbey residents who wish to take their own grass/compost to the grass bin (generously donated by Nikirk Bros. Contracting) located at the Rimbey Recycle Facility may continue to do so during the regular hours of the transfer station. Our facility attendant will be on hand to help you with your bags and to check your loads to make sure they are pure compost. Our agreement with the Town of Ponoka compost program will cease if one item of prohibited material is in the load.
Only these items are allowed in the yard compost disposal: leaves, grass clippings, mulch, flowers and plants, unscreened compost (decomposed yare waste materials), non-invasive weeds, tree and brush pruning’s, sod and dirt attached to sod in small quantities.
Yard waste does not include animal feces, cardboard, plastic, soil, rocks, fencing, fabric, netting and other non-vegetated landscaping and gardening waste.
Grass- cycling and Backyard Composting
We encourage our residents to continue environmental stewardship regarding grass-cycling and backyard composting. It is a cost effective way to maintain your lawn, and you can be certain that the compost you make will be free of contaminates and will enhance your gardens and flower beds. We certainly appreciate your thoughtfulness regarding our footprint.
TOWN HALL MEETING
July 8, 2015
7:00 –8:30 pm
Peter Lougheed Community Centre
¨ Strategic Planning Update and distribution of resident questionnaire;
¨ Status of Budgeting process for the 2016 year;
¨ Status of projects currently being undertaken within the Town including grants applied for;
¨ Status of the Pool for the summer months;
¨ Status of Bylaw Development for the Town;
¨ Potential Guest Speaker
¨ Question and Answer
Mark you calendars and plan to attend!
Town Hall Questionaire
TOWN OF RIMBEY MUNICIPAL DEVELOPMENT PLAN
Administration of the Town of Rimbey will be presenting Bylaw 902/15 Municipal Development Plan for first reading at the June 8, 2015 Regular Councill Meeting. Before considering the Bylaw for second reading, Council will hold a Public Hearing for Bylaw 902/15 Municipal Development Plan at which any person claiming to be affected, may ask questions or make comment. This Public Hearing is scheduled for Monday, July 27, 2015 during the Regular Council Meeting in the Council Chambers of the Administration Office of the Town of Rimbey. Interested parties may pick up a copy of the Municipal Development Plan at the Town of Rimbey Administration Office during regular office hours or access the link below. Written submission may be forwarded to Donna Tona, Interim Chief Administrative Officer, Town of Rimbey, Box 350, Rimbey, Alberta T0C 2J0.
Draft Municipal Development Plan June 2015
MDP Open House Feb 26, 2015
SAFETY IS OUR RESPONSIBILITY AND YOURS
Safety is Our Responsibility and Yours
RIMBEY BUSINESS SECTOR SUSTAINABILITY ADVISORY COMMITTEE
897/15 Rimbey Business Sector Sustainability Advisory Committee
Rimbey Business Sector sustainability Advisory Committee - Terms of Reference
Seeking Volunteer Committee Members
Rimbey Business Sector Sustainability Strategy
Emergency Guide 72 Hours
Utility bills are mailed out in the first week of each month and are due by 4:30 pm, two business days before the end of the month and can be paid by direct withdrawal, credit card, check or debit. Penalties will be applied to all accounts that have not been paid by the deadline. It is the property owners' responsibility to ensure that information is current; please make sure to let us know if you are buying or selling a property or if your banking or credit card information has changed as soon as possible.
The Town of Rimbey requires that all dogs owned within the municipal boundaries are required to be licensed and wearing a tag. Dog licenses are affordable and ensure that Animal Services can make every effort to reunite you with your pet if ever lost. Licenses are available for purchase at the Town Office.