The Town of Rimbey is the owner and operator of West Haven Cemetery (located west of Rimbey on Highway 53 and Range Road 31) and Mount Auburn Cemetery (4902 - 50th Avenue).
The cemetery is open to the public seven days a week from 6:00 am to 10:00 pm. All records are kept in the Town Office and are available free of charge during normal office hours.
All plots are sold out of the Town Office whether purchased at the time of need or prepurchased.
Permits must be purchased at the Town Office for the following:
• $350.00 for each plot; payable when the plot is reserved.
• $175.00 for each cremation plot.
• $1,700.00 for each columbarium niche, payable when the niche is reserved. (This includes two opening and closings, perpetual care, and memorial plaque with a maximum of two engravings.)
Opening and Closing:
• $320.00 for each opening and closing in summer.
• $400.00 for each opening and closing in winter.
• $365.00 for each double depth opening and closing in summer.
• $465.00 for each double depth opening and closing in winter.
• $100.00 for opening and closing of a cremation plot in summer.
• $160.00 for opening and closing of a cremation plot in winter.
• $50.00 for additional opening and closing of a niche.
• $250.00 additional charge for any opening and closing required on a weekend or statutory holiday.
• $150.00 additional charge for the opening and closing of a niche required on a weekend or statutory holiday.
• $1,000.00 for a disinterment of human remains not cremated.
• $110.00 per plot in Mount Auburn and West Haven Cemeteries.
• $110.00 per plot for a cremation plot.
GST will be added to all the above charges.
• $25.00 per permit - no GST
Monument Permit Application Form
Cemetary Bylaw 818-07